Adam's County Gleaning Coordinator
Office Location: Gettysburg, PA
Supervisor: Outreach and Education Coordinator for The Gleaning Project of South Central PA
- This person will work to connect farmers who have extra, fresh produce to needs assistance organizations and the food insecure populations they serve, working to reduce food loss on farms and improve food security in Adams County, PA.
- This entails effectively managing a large volunteer corps to recover produce from dozens of farms and distribute to nearly 50 community partners
- This position provides ample room for personal and professional development, working with autonomy to encourage an equitable, and sustainable local food system.
- This is a full time, hourly, year-round position with some seasonal variation. The hours and days required by this job vary with the season, often including evening and weekend hours.
$12- 14 per hour depending on experience, plus paid time off, holidays, and benefits.
- Communicate effectively with local farms, orchards, and volunteers via phone, email and social media to schedule and promote harvesting opportunities
- Facilitate in-field gleaning events with growers and large groups of volunteers
- Maintain a cold-storage and distribution network including physical infrastructure, donation and delivery traceability, and relationships with food assistance and human services providers throughout Adams County
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work with people of all walks of life
- Must have excellent verbal and written comunication
- Can confidently supervise groups and/or manage volunteers
- Must be able to work atypical business hours including nights and weekends
- Must hold a current, valid driver's license
- Must be able (or willing to learn) to operate a small box truck and fork lift
- Must be able to routinely lift objects over 50 lbs
- Harvesting experience is preferred
- Four-year degree or experience in a related field
- Excellent computer skills including Social Media (Facebook, Instagram), mailchimp, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Dedication to relieving food insecurity and improving the environmental and economic efficiency of our local food system
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed, and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis. Application is open until filled.
EOE: This organization reserves the right to revise and change job descriptions as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment