- July 13 - August 16: Friends of The Gleaning Project submit pledges
- August 11 - 17: Glean-A-Mania week - LOTS of harvesting, collecting, and distributing...Find us in the fields and follow us online!
- August 17: After-Party at Caledonia State Park’s Pine Pavilion to announce the totals and celebrate our success!
- August 20-25: Gleaning Project staff will follow up with donors (by phone or e-mail) to collect donations.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much will I donate if I pledge?
It depends on how much we glean! For example: If you pledge 1 penny-per-pound for Franklin County, and they glean 5,000 lbs of produce, you will donate $50. We hope to glean 6,000-7,000 lbs of produce in each county during Glean-A-Mania week. But who knows?! There’s always so much food available for gleaning.
That being said, donors may cap their donation at 7,500 lbs. If you choose to do so, you won’t be responsible for donating any more than your pledge x 7,500 pounds.
Example donation amounts if you choose the 7500 lb cap:
- 2 pennies x 7500 lbs. = $150
- 1 penny x 7500 lbs. = $75
- ½ penny x 7500 lbs. = $37.50
- ¼ penny x 7500 lbs. = $18.75
How do I make a pledge?
Please visit this web page and complete the form. All pledges should be submitted by August 16.
How do I complete my donation?
Gleaning Project staff will be in touch with all pledge-makers the week of August 20th to help complete their pledge donations.
Donations can be made through check, cash or Paypal. Note: Include “Glean-A-Mania, ___X___ County” in your payment
Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes. The Gleaning Project is a component of SCCAP, which is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Therefore, all donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.
What if I would like to donate a set amount right now, before Glean-A-Mania begins?
Any and all donations are essential and welcome. You may submit donations using PayPal on our website or send a check to our offices. Please note it is for Glean-A-Mania, and which county you wish to support.
Franklin County: 533 S. Main Street, Chambersburg, PA 17201
Adams County: 153 N. Stratton Street Gettysburg, PA 17325
I want to help you raise pledges! What do I do?
Download the Pledge Raising Kit here and ask your friends, family and neighbors to pledge a penny! You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram and share our posts, along with why you love The Gleaning Project.
Have more questions? Contact us! Thank you for your ongoing support, and for helping us make our second annual Glean-A-Mania fundraiser a success!